ICCAS 2015: Opportunities and Challenges for Food and Eating in Society
In addition to developing the central thrust of the conference, themes will focus on:
- Food Heritage: The transmission of food knowhow in local and broad communities through formal (educational) and informal venues. Topics include: Acculturation, heritage foods, wine and beer, food tourism, pedagogy, educational strategies, culture and identity.
- Foodservice and Hospitality: The provision of food and service in commercial and institutional settings. Topics include: Culinary production and innovation, menus, food variety, food provenance, foodservice in society, education, foodservice and catering systems, training and equipment.
- Food Systems and Politics: The distribution systems that encompass agricultural commodities as they travel and transform from farm to table. Topics include: Agricultural, urban and distribution systems, social justice, food geography, food economics, and political and environmental issues.
- Food Science and Safety: Making food safe and plentiful. Topics include: food science, food technology, food fortification, food safety, sensory evaluation and analysis, and biotechnology.
- Food Marketing, Food Habits and Consumer Behavior: Understanding market influences. Topics include: The marketing of food products and foodservice, nudging, and eating and drinking habits and behaviors.
- Nutrition and Wellbeing: The place of food in overall health, disease prevention, healing and wellbeing: Topics include: Nutrition, food consumption, food choice, portion size, demographic determinants, food security and wellbeing.